Pop the kettle on, grab a biscuit and get comfy…we need to talk! I have a tendency to waffle on, so I’ll try to keep this short (like me!)
It all happened by chance…
Hey there! My name is Hannah and this is me. Big hair, big bum, big love for the wedding industry and for people. I have avoided a cringe-worthy super-corporate ‘third person’ story and have decided to just write about myself, how I stumbled into this industry and how BRIDE by Aster came to be…
I finished my university degree in 2009 and had NO idea what to do with my life. I ended up working as a receptionist for a few months in a hotel and couldn’t stand the lack of integrity that surrounded me. I quickly decided to leave and applied for a bar job at Kingswood Golf Club and the rest they say…well, you get it. When I met the man who would thereafter become my boss for 6.5 years, he wanted me to apply for the role of wedding and events coordinator. A few weeks later and I somehow got the job and I can honestly say it changed my life.
From previous years of averaging around 25 weddings each year, I took the unicorn by the horn and with the support and freedom my boss gave me and an amazing team, we turned the venue into a bonifide wedding and events venue averaging 50 weddings per year and lots of fabulous events. When I left many years later, I was the sales manager for the group and loved watching all of the hard work we’d put in come to fruition.
Six and a half years later, hundreds of weddings under my belt and some amazing industry friends, I took the plunge and left the safety of my first job and moved into the big smoke. I stayed in London for a few years but realised it wasn’t for me and that actually, working for other people became too restrictive. I had so many ideas and so much to give. So with the help of my amazing husband, I decided to channel this creativity and passion for business into my own completely new brand of bridal boutique. I knew I wanted to focus on fun, colour and above all, the experience my brides have when they come to me. It seems to have been extremely well received so far!!!
That’s my work history thus far. I’ll finish up by sharing a few little facts and quirks about me to give you an idea of who you’re meeting before you arrive for your appointment!
1) I LOVE people and am positive and trusting, often to a fault. I have been taken advantage of before in business and life and yet, that will NEVER stop my spirit from soaring!
2) I ALWAYS think I am lucky (even though I’m not lol). I am the sort of person that buys a lottery ticket once a year and gets butterflies in my tummy because I think I will win. I never do…
3) TRAVEL is a huge part of my soul and is my main passion in my private life. I feel so blessed that I have been able to work hard and save my money, to travel to some of my childhood dream destinations. I travelled South America for 4 months and went back to Peru for an adventure honeymoon. I got married in South Africa and have travelled throughout Europe as well as visiting Australia, north Africa and plenty of UK destinations. Asia is next on my list!
4) I am a BIG foodie. My preference is rustic grub from a traditional market. Sit me down in the middle of nowhere in a totally random country and I’ll eat with the locals. That is my idea of heaven.
5) I DON’T do ‘stuffy’ or ‘mean’. I love life, love people and love to laugh. Coming to visit me means a chilled few hours talking, laughing, trying on pretty dresses and hopefully finding that ONE that makes you feel special in every sense of the word. Bring a smile and we’ll get on like a house on fire!
6) I LOVE pink….sorry. I can’t help myself. If the thought of ‘pink and fluffy’ makes you wince, think long and hard before making your appointment haha!
Thanks so much for taking the time to read a little about me and I can’t wait to learn more about you!
See you soon beautiful!